Wednesday 26 September 2012

1st Communion Cake v2




I racked my brain trying to decide what I was going to do for my sons first communion cake.  I wanted it to be something really special.  After making a communion cake for my friend (see my earlier post in November 2011), I wanted to do something in 3D.  So I came up with a simple design comprising of a fondant covered mud cake, with the three main communion symbols....... the bread, the wine (ie, grapes) and the communion wafers.  The bread is just a large piece of fondant icing coloured and shaped to look like a loaf of bread.  The grapes are small fondant balls.  The chalice is actually a ceramic egg cup that is covered with fondant icing and painted with gold edible paint.  The communion wafers are fondant icing cut with a small cutter and imprinted with a cross. I was really really happy with how it turned out.








No comments:

Post a Comment